Covenant@Home Parent Feedback
The following feedback was received from current Covenant parents during a Covenant@Home Parent Survey, after 5 full weeks of Remote Learning. (All comments are un-edited and appear exactly as they were received.)
- CCA has done an admirable job in quickly launching a remote learning program that is comprehensive, engaging, and fun. In the chaotic world we’re living in right now, I am comforted in part by knowing that we belong to such an amazing school “family”.
- The teachers at Covenant have gone over and above to support our families during a challenging and unusual season. We’re thankful for their thoughtful lessons and the encouragement they’ve given to our children.
- During this uncertain period, CCA has helped my family maintain a sense of normalcy. The teachers maintain a challenging curriculum while connecting personally with all students. CCA continues to provide a balance of education, spiritual well being and a strong sense of community. Very thankful God sent us to CCA.
- What an amazing school! In these trying times, our girls have been able to stay focused on school. The teachers never allowed for any lag time, which has been instrumental in terms of structure and stability with learning. The teachers have communicated effectively and with love and grace. They have checked in making sure their students have felt comfortable with the material and have offered extra help hours. They have and continue to provide an environment for learning that is second to none. Thank you staff, teachers and administrators! Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for Fall 2020, we know it will be great!!
- I was nervous when the government mandated distance learning but it has been a surprisingly good experience thanks to the exceptional and heroic efforts of the CCA teachers and administrators. The teachers have provided quality and individualized attention from home and are working round the clock to make sure every student gets what he or she needs. I am so grateful and don’t know what my kids would have done during this crisis without their incredible teachers.
- I have one child in public school and one child at CCA in the pre-K program. What I have seen come home on a daily basis from CCA defies expectations in the best way possible! Covenant has been organized and clear in communicating resources and expectations from the start of the building closure. The assignments/activities we receive are not merely busy work, but are a valuable part of our days during this time. While we wish we could all be together, I am amazed at the quality of work CCA has sent as a substitute for in-school learning!
- The feeling of support and dedication of the administration and teachers to not only educate our children but to support them emotionally and spiritually during this time has made such a difference for us and our children during this challenging time.
- As two working parents, we are grateful to the CCA staff and teachers for their amazing dedication and the high quality of resources, content, and support provided to our child during COVID 19 remote learning. This faculty has been such a blessing to to our child and to us as parents.
- We are so appreciative of the entire CCA staff during this difficult time. The smooth transition to home-based, online learning was obviously the result of a lot of hard work behind the scenes. The teachers’ enthusiasm and availability to students during the school day left us truly amazed and happy we’ve chosen CCA. The ability to continue our son’s education from home has been a true blessing.
- CCA has provided a level of excellence in remote learning consistent with the school’s mission to provide a classical Christian education. They have maintained a feeling of community and support in the midst of massive challenges, learning curves and unprecedented circumstances. The staff and teachers have showed uncompromising love and relentless commitment to the continued learning of the students, and found resourceful ways to advance both the students academic and spiritual progress. We are so very grateful for the support and community of CCA!
- I am very thankful for CCA’s approach to this unexpected situation, and how Covenant@Home, has been an excellent tool for my kids during this quarantine period. I have friends and relatives that do not receive the same quality of remote education, neither any assignments for their children to work on. I appreciate not only the academically care for the students but also the spiritual and nurturing care of teachers and the administration.
- We have felt very cared for and equipped during the season of using Covenant@Home. The tools provided has been streamlined, user-friendly, & helped us feel connected to the CCA family. We will be forever grateful for the well-rounded teaching provided for all our children.
- During Covenant@Home our child has continued to make progress in her learning with the help of her amazing teachers, who send her daily materials that are challenging and interesting. We love the short videos of her teacher giving instructions as if the students were physically in the classroom. All lessons are straightforward and easy to follow, due to the wonderful job the teachers did building classroom routines to the children prior to the social distancing requirements.
- This at home learning experience with Covenant has felt nothing short of the perfect balance of being personalized, manageable, and meaningful. It has felt personalized through the weekly zoom classes that my daughter gets to have with her class and teacher, manageable as the plans allow for the space to do the learning tasks at our convenience and meaningful as they are meeting my daughter at her exact content needs. We couldn’t be more grateful for this partnership at this time!
- We have been so impressed by the way in which CCA immediately replaced school-based learning with remote learning through Covenant@Home. They were so prepared from day one, with no delay in academic content. Every day our children are provided with structured, fun, creative, and thorough educational content including both core academic subjects and specials. They look forward to receiving an email with videos and detailed assignments for the day. They have loved interacting with friends and teachers through live video sessions and even continuing music lessons virtually. Periodic assessments have shown that they are learning just as they should. Covenant@Home has been organized in such a way that our children have been able to work independently for several hours daily while both parents work from home full time. We are so grateful to have our children at CCA during this uncertain time.
- Covenant@Home has been a very positive experience for our children, one in Grammar school and one in Rhetoric School. The quality and structure of the daily and weekly assignments from all teachers has been outstanding. We never could have known what to expect in this very difficult time of uncertainty in our world, but it is certain that CCA has continued to provide the utmost excellence in all areas of learning. The care and concern of each teacher with the students is evident in their weekly Zoom lessons. The students have been able to voice their feelings both on what has been positive for them and what may be a struggle for them as they are home learning through this pandemic. For both of our children, it has been missing their teachers and friends in real time. Mrs. Bergstrom has kept communication with the CCA community at the top of her list as always. We have not been left in the dark, as thorough pre-planning and frequent assessment with families has been a priority.